1. Determine to believe. Don’t let anything stand in your way no matter what the circumstances are.
Hebrews 11:1 NOW FAITH is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things we hope for, being the proof of things we do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].
2. Believe by faith first and then by understanding, researching, and immersing yourself in the word of God as infallible.
1 Corinthians 1:21 For when the world with all its earthly wisdom failed to perceive and recognize and know God by means of its own philosophy, God in His wisdom was pleased through the foolishness of preaching [salvation, procured by Christ and to be had through Him], to save those who believed (who clung to and trusted in and relied on Him).
3. Don’t allow doubt to influence you contrary to what you are believing.
Mark 11:23 Truly I tell you, whoever says to this mountain, Be lifted up and thrown into the sea! and does not doubt at all in his heart but believes that what he says will take place, it will be done for him.
Luke 24:38 And He said to them, Why are you disturbed and troubled, and why do such doubts and questionings arise in your hearts?
John 15:7 If you live in Me [abide vitally united to Me] and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you.”
4. Thank God in advance for answered prayer according to His will.
Luke 9:16 And taking the five loaves and the two fish, He looked up to heaven and praising God gave thanks and asked Him to bless them to their use. Then He broke them and gave them to the disciples to place before the multitude.
5. Move forward expecting your answer as soon as you ask — as Abraham expected to be the father of many nations even though God’s timing tried his faith.
James 1:6 Only it must be in faith that he asks with no wavering (no hesitating, no doubting). For the one who wavers (hesitates, doubts) is like the billowing surge out at sea that is blown hither and thither and tossed by the wind.
Mark 11:24 For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, and you will get it.
Adapted from the original post, which you can find by clicking here.