Friday, April 15, 2016

I’VE GOT NO STRINGS - Guest Post by Chris Beltrami

When Pinocchio was wished upon and was changed from a puppet to a real live boy, he sang this happy song:
    Vs.1  I’ve got no strings to hold me down, To make me fret or make me frown. I had strings but now I’m free.   There are no strings on me.
 
Pinocchio was no longer a puppet on a string.  He was set free from the control that Stromboli had on him. 
I believe the writer of this song intentionally wrote the lyrics with a much deeper insight … a philosophical twist that relates to so many people that are tied and bound to the power-strings of someone else.  
It is sometimes very difficult to pull away from that muscle and domination.  But, when a break does occur, it creates quite a happy song in one’s heart:

    Vs. 2   I’ve got no strings, so I have fun.  I’m not tied up to anyone.
              How I love my liberty. There are no strings on me.
 
It is possible for someone to hold you in some formula of power.   It becomes possible for someone to command your emotions and your decision making.   As you gaze into the face of the puppeteer, you identify a troublesome pressure that remains on the strings of your life.   
 
Sometimes, it is easy to remove the strings and, other times, it is very difficult.   

Let’s try something!    It just might work.    Close your eyes and imagine the person who still has some control on the strings.   
Believe, with faith, that God can cause this situation to disappear.  Whether it’s a parent, a sibling, a spouse, a leader, a relative, or a friend ... it affects both you and your loved ones.   So, cup the problem in your hands and then release it.  Or, reach up and cut the strings with those great scissors of faith that you have been given.

Make sure to love the person.   Wish them well.   But, believe that you have eliminated the influence that they have over you and that you can now walk in freedom.
Wouldn’t it be great if some folks on this TAI list got a great victory today!  Why not!!!  
 
John 8:36 “If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed."         
 

 
You can watch the scene and have a great ‘stuck tune syndrome’ all day today.
 


-----------------------------------------------------------

Chris Beltrami is one of New England's most award winning photographers. For decades he has used his position as a Christian businessman to influence others to consider the claims of Christ on their lives. He has been writing a monthly devotional called "Think About It" for many years. This article first appeared in the May 2016 edition of "Think About it."

No comments:

Post a Comment