Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Using Our Homes for Evangelism

My wife and I have always enjoyed using our home for Bible studies, summer children's Bible clubs, youth group meetings or just one on one dinners with those we felt led to minister to. Though there are some that may not feel comfortable inviting others into their home, for us, it just seemed natural. That was why we got excited when we heard about the My Hope America evangelism effort through the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. Though most people connect Billy Graham with massive city wide crusades, Dr. Graham's latest effort is focused on helping people use their homes for evangelism.

The My Hope evangelism campaign has been successfully done in dozens of countries around the world. Now it is coming to America in November. The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association is producing a high quality television show, which will air in major markets around the nation in November. The basic concept of the evangelism campaign is that Christians invite some friends over to their home for dinner or dessert. After enjoying a time of fellowship they watch the program together on television. When the program ends the host shares for 3-5 minutes about their own journey of faith and invites those who are interested to consider a commitment to Christ. What could be more natural than a person inviting their friends over for dinner and sharing with them the most important thing that has ever happened to them!

Recently I was blessed to lead a training for this evangelistic effort in Manchester, Connecticut. More than 70 people from a dozen churches gathered for training at the First Baptist Church of Manchester. One lady said afterwards, "I did not think I should come since I am not a pastor, but I am glad I did because I realize that this is the simplest way to share the Gospel I have ever heard of." Another person wrote to me on Facebook a couple of days after the training, "I am so excited about this evangelism opportunity, I can hardly wait for November to get here."

If you live in Connecticut or Rhode Island, I would be happy to come to your church and lead the same training. Though I will do my best to come anytime, my preferred training time is Sunday evenings. The training takes 90 minutes and there is no cost to the church.

If you live in Vermont, I will be leading one training session there, at Faith Community Church, Barre, on Saturday, August 24 at 7 PM.

If you live in any other state, just go to http://myhopewithbillygraham.org/events/ to find a list of trainings that are happening in your area.

If there are no trainings in your area, you can train yourself online at: http://myhopewithbillygraham.org/online-training/


If we do not share the Gospel with our own neighbors, who do we think will?



1 comment:

  1. Loved reading your blog. Praying the Lord will multiply this training.

    ReplyDelete