1. Get on the mailing list of a church planter and pray specifically in every church service for the new church plant. Cost: $0
2. Ask a church planter to give a five minute testimony via Skype to the church on a Sunday morning. Cost: $0 (much cheaper than flying him in)
3. Adopt a church planter and ask each family in the church to send him, his wife and his children, cards for birthdays, anniversary and Christmas. Cost: $1.99 for a card, .46 pennies for a stamp
4. Gift card collection. Pick a Sunday and ask each family in the church to buy one gift card from places like McDonalds, Wal-Mart, Staples, or Target, and send them to the church planter. He can use some for his family and use some for buying ministry supplies. If each family puts a note of encouragement with their gift card, then it also becomes a great way to help a church planter feel cared for. Cost: varies, depending on how much a family wants to spend on a card.
5. Encourage families in your church to vacation in the area where the church plant is and “tithe” one day of their vacation to help the planter with an outreach project. Cost: $0, since you are there on vacation anyway.