Thursday, October 31, 2013

Living Our Faith


As a Christian, I think it is important that we share our faith with others. But at the same time, we cannot expect people who do not follow our faith to comply with the standards of our faith. They must first come to faith in Christ, and only then will they desire to live as our faith instructs us. My friend David Wesley Gould, pastor Nashville First Wesleyan Church puts it this way, “Sometimes I think Christians forget that the New Testament was written to Christians. It is like the U.S. constitution. I can't expect someone in China to live it out. But I can live it out in such a way that people in China want to come here and experience it.” Though the difference may sounds like semantics, it is actually very important. Let’s all look for ways to share our faith and then let that faith impact people’s lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment