Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Third Sunday of Advent - Guest Post by Bill Davis

As we celebrate the third Sunday of Advent, let us look at what many denominations call the Angel’s Candle. We remember the story of how the angels, a Heavenly host, proclaimed the good news of the birth of Christ.
 
Luke 2:9-11; “An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with great fear. And the angel said to them, ‘Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.”
 
The Angel’s Candle has become known as the Candle of Joy. We know that Christ wants us to have a life full of joy and happiness. The search for joy and happiness is one of the basic elements of human life and is found in a close relationship with God. There will always be pain and even suffering, but one goal in the Christian journey is to reach this level of joy through scripture and our walk with God. Joy in God has no end or limit. 
 
John 15:9-11; “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.”
 
God wants His children to be happy. He wants them full of His joy and to show this joy to others. One of the main premises of a Christian life is to be filled with His spirit and love in your heart.  As you share His love with others, it will only grow within you.
 
 
 
Bill Davis ministers through Lighthouse Ministries, speaking in churches across Anderson Country, South Carolina. He also serves as Executive Pastor of The Bridge Church, an outreach of Anderson University.

No comments:

Post a Comment